I have been craving a sweet, chocolatey hit of dense, fudgey goodness for a while now! When trying to bake without eggs, recipes often call for 'chia egg' or banana as a binding agent. This often leads to flat, dense muffins that are a bit claggy and well often dissapointing.
These however.... ARE DELICIOUS!
The Beetroot recipe is based on The Minamalist Baker which is an amazing blog!
I had some other ingredients in my kitchen today so figured i would put my own spin on it... and they are bloody good.
Double Choc Pumpkin Muffins!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (boiled)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar (i used coconut sugar)
- + 6 drops of liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dark choc chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven... as any usual cooking requires.
- Chop pumpkin up and boil/steam.
- Mix almond milk and vinegar into a bowl and allow to sit for a couple of minutes
- Add sugar, stevia, oil and 1/2 cup of soft pumpkin pieces and blend until smooth.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix together until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour into greased muffin tray or cupcake liners
- Chuck them in the oven for 20-30 minutes - or once you can stick a skewer in and it comes out dry
Leave to cool and dust or ice...
or just eat them hot.
Delicious both ways!!!